Saturday 13 June 2015

Sheringham

Today I went to Sheringham, a local seaside town with a strong tradition of yarncraft, to check out a small local yarn fair that was advertised.

It was very small, but had a nice selection of booths, including a woman selling yarn spun up from the sheep she raises. I didn't get any of that, because Watercolours and Lace were there and I fell in love with an alpaca/silk/cashmere laceweight skein almost the exact colour of the sea.


Also purchased today in my headlong crash into consumerism were some very pretty buttons that I don't need but did want.

I'm sure I'll have something to attach them to soon enough.



Both of them really grabbed at me in that way that beautiful things can. They'll live in my button tin until I find the perfect thing for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!