Tuesday 23 June 2015

'Join in the round, being careful not to twist'

I've never had a problem with this before. I was, in fact, a little dismissive of people who found it hard. 'I'm a newbie!' I scoffed, 'And I can manage it'.

I suspect my current difficulties are punishment for my hubris.



I have tried four times to start Carats. Four times. The first time I didn't spot that I'd twisted it until I'd already knit 1 and 1/2 inches of knit one purl one rib. The next three times I did, at least, spot it immediately.

I have read on the great ravelry that a good way to avoid this is to knit flat a few rows and then join in the round. I'll have to give it a try, because my spiteful stubbornness has arisen. I will succesfully cast on this vest. I WILL make it. And I will NOT twist it.

I also need to stop being so judg of people who find things hard that I don't. Because, as this proves, difficulty can happen to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!